8.27.2006

A Work in Progress...

Memes float around the web like those little subscription postcards that are always falling out of magazines. Sometimes I enviously want to play along, othertimes I find memes just a tad annoying. To be honest, I've never been much of a list maker (or follower) and not much of a goal setter. With the knowledge that I won't be in New York too much longer, I figure it is probably a good time to start figuring out what exactly it is I want to get out of my time here.

As role models, I will look to my friend from freshman year of college (I pride myself on introducing him to snowmen and s'mores) and my "twin" from those good ol' sorority days. The former (I'm sad to say) is leaving NYC after six and a half years for an exciting new life in London. The latter, a newcomer to NYC who is painting the town red.

What would you do if you knew you only had _ amount of time left in what David Letterman rightly calls "the greatest city in the world?"

First off, the superficial:

Hungry, Hungry:

Chickalicious
The Grocery
Fleur de Sel
Spotted Pig
Il Cantionri
Tortilla Flats
Saigon Grill
Del Posto (to round off the Batali list)
Corner Bistro
Ito En
Veritas
Norma's

Oral Fixations:
Damn good sushi
Gelato
Chicken & Waffles
Cheese 101

Artsy:
South Street Seaport Museum
Japan Society
El Museo del Barrio
City of the Museum of New York

Toe Tapping:
Swing dancing @ Lincoln Center
Jazz @ Lincoln Center
Concert @ Madison Square Garden

The Goods:
Le Fanion
La Perla
Manolo Blahnik
John Derain
Mimi's Closet
Barney's


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home