10.15.2008

Looking at Photographs













Copyright (the amazing) Judith Joy Ross

Advertising, billboards, tv, movies....controlling, affecting, influencing, shaping. The Internet. Flicker. Blogs, blogs, blogs.... (The Year In Pictures) Mind*blowing access to seemingly infinite imagery. I can't seem to get enough. I can't stop staring.

What would Rembrandt have done if he had access to the internet?

Is this the time that our eyes have been waiting for? Are our intellects keeping up? Are our hands ready? It's time to CREATE! It's time to TAKE ACTION! What are we waiting for? Where is the ART?

Or, am I visually over-stimulated? Shall I close my eyes? Try to glimpse what lies in shadow or in glaring light? What can my heart see that my mind cannot assess?




1 Comments:

Blogger tyler said...

its dizzying indeed! not sure we're keeping up intellectually, hope so but perhaps impossible. definitely need time to pause and soak it in or its all for naught, yes? love the question to rembrandt.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home